The key contexts to make ease for readers
- Limbu is an ethnic group who call themselves as “Yakthungba” for male and “Yakthungma” for female.
- KYC is a representative organization of indigenous Limbu community which was established in Kathmandu on the date of September 2, 1989.
The Limbuwan Study Center (LSC) is an independent, non-profit making institution set-up with an aim of promoting and enhancing the study of and research in several themes concentrating in Limbuwan, the ‘Land of Limbus’ that includes the area of nine districts of Nepal situated east of Arun River extending to Nepal’s eastern border with India’s states – Sikkim and West Bengal. This institution was established as a thematic branch of Kirat Yakthung Chumlung (KYC) by formulating the Regulation in pursuant to its Constitution -1990 and its prevailing article 60 (a) on Jan. 6, 2014 to start the LSC for research, study, documentation, publications and for other related activities by focusing in Limbuwan area. At this point, this institution is being hosted at the premises of Lalitpur chapter of KYC in Kathmandu valley. The motto of LSC is to provide scholars a forum to reflect and analyze their experiences achieved in aforesaid area to bring knowledge to the world.
Mutual respect, equity, non-sectarian and quality with excellence
- a) To create conducive environment to conduct research/ study on the given scopes below and then documentation and publications of accomplished results.
- b) To host lectures, discussions and workshops or conferences in contemporary issues.
- c) To cross-examine the political, cultural and socio-economic characteristics of Limbuwan area.
- s) To contribute analytical thoughts on burning concerns related to Limbuwan.
Language, arts, culture, literature and music
Limbuwan History, oral tradition, Yakthung Mundhum etc.
Traditional skill and Indigenous Peoples’ specific expertise.
Forest, land, bio-diversity conservation and ecosystem
Politics, education and socio-economic aspects
Documentation and archiving of published book and epics which are related to Limbuwan area.
Recording of oral traditions of Indigenous Peoples and their verbal history.
Establishment of resource center – collection of hard and electronic books .
Collaboration with national and international government and non-governmental organization for research and study.
Capacity enhancement activities / workshops for interested individuals in the areas of research methodology as well as ii academic paper and also hosting symposiums, workshops, seminars etc.
Establishment of “Research Fellowship and academic award” to provide researchers to accomplish their study.
In sum, research and study are not just something we do – it’s who we are. LSC welcomes to anybody, any students or scholars to work in a diligent pursuit of discovery, with the ultimate intend of advancing human knowledge and living standard.
मुल्य मान्यता(Core Values)
सदभाव: सामाजिक सदभाव
समताभाव: धर्मिक, भाषिक, सामाजिक, लैंगिक समानता
गुणस्तर: प्राज्ञिक र बौद्धिक गुणस्तर
सुशासनः बैधानिकता, पारदर्शिता र जवाफदेहिता
लिम्बुवान र लिम्बुवानवासी सम्बन्धित हरेक क्षेत्रमा गुणात्मक अध्ययन, अनुसन्धान गर्ने ।
लोप हुनलागेका र लिखित तथा मौखिंक रुपमा बिद्यमान सांस्कृतिक, ऐतिहासिक, धार्मिक, सामाजिक रिति, परम्परा, भाषा, भेषभूषा तथा दस्तावेजह्रुको सम्वर्धन तथा प्रवर्धन गर्ने ।
लिम्बुवानका जाति जनजातिहरु संग सम्बन्धित मौलिक ज्ञान सिपहरुको संकलन, सम्बर्धन र प्रवर्धन गर्ने ।
लिम्बुवानको प्राकृतिक श्रोत साधनहरु, बातावरण र पर्यावरण को अधिलेख अद्यावधिक गर्ने ।
- राष्ट्रीय, अन्तराष्ट्रीय सरकारी तथा गैर सरकारी संघ संस्था, सरोकारवाला र बिज्ञहरुसंगको सहकार्य तथा साझेदारमिा काम गर्ने
- बिज्ञ र बिज्ञता को परचिालन गर्ने
- आर्थिक स्रोतहरुको बिविधिकरण गर्ने
- प्राथमिकताको आधारमा काम गर्ने
- (यी मूल रणनिती अन्तरगत सहायक रणनिती आवश्यकता अनुसार निर्माण गर्न सकिने छ)